Friday, March 11, 2011

New iPad.

.... That I am currently NOT typing on. Mishon is playing games on it.

But it's awesome even so.

I won third place in the creative writing competition for JD. My poem was a sonnet that I wrote awhile back at MSA when I was bored. I showed it to Dr. Brooks and he basically turned his nose up at it. Like it would never be good enough to do anything. Like it was just a stupid little poem that I wrote to be goofy.

But now that poem is PUBLISHED. That means I am a published poet. With a copyright on that poem. So screw first hand opinions.

Sometimes the things that you write on a whim are the best things that you write. So never let someone turn their nose up.

Good stuff is good stuff, just not to everyone.

On another note, Japan was hit by an 8.9 earthquake and a 30 foot tsunami today. That makes me sad. But what makes me even more sad is the fact that people are screaming that it's the coming of the Christ when really it's just the earth waking up from a long slumber to stretch all of the plates that our countries sit on.

When a disaster strikes, people are so easy to forget that science will stand against the faith of people. And I'm not saying that to discredit people's religion; if you're going to be religious, by all means do so and believe what you want to believe. But what happened to plate tectonics? You know, that field of science that says the earth has done this and will continue to do this?

People freaked when earthquakes hit Haiti. People freaked when earthquakes hit Chile. People freaked when earthquakes hit Korea. Now people are freaking because the earthquakes hit Japan.

If Christ didn't come for the last three, why would he make an exception now?

"What's he going to do, show up riding on a fucking surf board?" - Brett Hilbert.

Well said buddy, you win the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment