Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!

If today's your birthday, that is. I don't know anyone who has a birthday today. It's the last day of September though. What's that old poem?

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November,
February has twenty-eight alone,
All the rest have thirty-one,
Except the leap year that's the time,
When February's days are twenty-nine.

Or something like that.

The Mississippi Squirrel Revival is on the radio. I'm so excited. And I'm not easily excited over county music.

The day the squirrel went berserk
In the first self-righteous church
In that sleepy little town of Pascagoula
It was a fight for survival
That broke out in revival
They were jumpin' pews and shoutin'
HALLELUJAH!

I'm in a really good mood. I'm in such a good mood that I'm actually going to write a little bit today. A teaser for a new story perhaps. What sounds good? Well, between poetry and a new story, a new story sounds bangin. I'm not so good at the poetry bit.

Keep watching for a bit of creative writing! I'm off to watch Annie and Lucinda (our humming birds) fight over the two feeders. Funny right? There are two feeders and two birds, but they both think they have to fight over BOTH of them. And that's not even mentioning poor Lenard (the male) who gets his little red ass beat every time he lands.

It's like walking into a bar on ladies night.

No comments:

Post a Comment