Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Can't Drive.

I didn't blog last night. I was having too much fun with Tate. And Liv. And Daniel.

I don't know Daniel's last name, but he's kind of cute. And he's kinda really into Tate. Which I think is cool, because that'd be the bees knees for her.

I really wish they'd get together because they flirt like they should be that way. And it would let me know a little more that people as crazy as me can get boyfriends as crazy as me. Because I sure would like a crazy as me boyfriend. =]

Tate's so awesome. She and Liv took me to The Hooka-Up Cafe. That place is the shit. You walk in and it smells so exotic and tangy and like a million different flavors, and there are indian people dancing on the TV and there are huge Hookas on all the tables with these puffs of water vapor dancing out of everybody's mouth.

Like the caterpillar from Alice and Wonderland.

Ours was Mango and Pina Colada.

Daniel blew smoke rings (or tried to blow smoke rings) out of his mouth and talked with a dumb british accent that the whole table sort of adopted. Tate was a dragon. Liv would fill her mouth with it and ask if she was doing it right. Haha.

We laughed so hard. So so so hard. And we talked about Tate when she gets drunk, and Liv talked about a guy she calls Jesus Christ, which has an Uber awesome story to go behind it.

I'm too busy making new friends to worry about college. I'm passing all my classes, at least, I think. I don't have a reason not to be.


And against my better judgement, I'm doing theatre again. But that just makes me happy. And for awhile, I was having a really hard time being happy.


My liscense got suspended.
Fuck.
I got two tickets that I tried to take care of.
One was an inspection sticker fail, one was "failure to move over."

Let's get one thing straight-
I don't speed. I've had one speeding ticket and learned my lesson.
I used to speed. But I've become more chill lately. Less angry with the world. I'm cool with going the speed limit, enjoying the scenery. Even if it is the same route day after day.

But Lincoln county has nothing better to do than chase poor teenagers off the road and yell at them. Which is indeed what happened when I "failed to move over." He wasn't even after the car in front of me, he was after the one BESIDE ME. Uh, what?

So now. I got the inspection sticker. He said, "send in the receipt, we'll clear the ticket."

Mom put the wrong ticket in the envelope and mailed the failure to move over ticket with the receipt.

So now, 7 months later, I get a letter saying "liscense suspended."

My ticket is $132.something.
I don't have that.
Plus, $25.00 to get my liscense reinstated so I CAN drive again, which doesn't matter, because my car could quit on me any day like it did last Friday.

I guess I should air my bike tires up. That might really help. Not. But I can dream.

But like I said. I'm too busy making new friends to be worried about college. Much less anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment